TL SAM is a tool to split files into fragments and to merge these fragments to restore the original file again. (SAM stands for Split And Merge.) It is useful if the medium (e. g. online storage or an optical disc) you want to store a file on has a file size limit that is less than the file size of the file you want to store.
Run "TL SAM.exe"
- Select "Split" if you want to split a file into fragments, or "Merge", if you want to merge fragments to restore the original file again.
- If you have selected "Split", enter the desired fragment size.
- Click "Start".
- An "Open File" dialog appears. If you want to split a file, select the file you want to split. If you want to merge fragments, select the first fragment (a *.001 file).
- A "Select Folder" dialog appears. If you want to split a file, select the folder where the fragments (*.001, *.002, *.003, ...) shall be stored. If you want to merge fragments, select the folder where the merged file shall be stored.
- TL SAM splits resp. merges now. If you want to stop the process before it has finished, click "Stop".
- TL SAM does not compress, encrypt, or add any data when splitting a file. I. e., the sum of the fragment file sizes equals the file size of the file you split. Moreover, it is compatible to other file splitters resp. mergers that split resp. merge the same way. (Most do.)
- A maximum of 999 fragments is allowed.
- If fragments are missing (except the first), TL SAM will merge the present fragments anyway. For some file types (e. g. *.mpg), you'll get a valid merged file that can (at least) be opened.